What does GUMMY mean?
Gummy describes the consistency of the silicone gel in Natrelle INSPIRA® Breast Implants. This gummy-like gel sticks together and has the tendency to hold its shape. Each implant in our collection has a different level of cohesivity, or what surgeons may refer to as gumminess.
What does GUMMY feel like?
All NatrelleINSPIRA® Breast Implants are soft, with varying levels of gel squishiness. When you go gummy, you don’t have to sacrifice implant softness. The best way to determine softness is to feel each implant during your consultation.
What should I know before getting breast implants?
- Breast implants are not lifetime devices, and not necessarily a one-time surgery.
- Many of the changes to your breasts following implantation cannot be undone. If you later choose to have your implant(s) removed and not replaced, you may experience unacceptable dimpling, puckering, wrinkling, or other cosmetic changes of the breast, which may be permanent.
- Breast implants may affect your ability to breast-feed, either by reducing or eliminating milk production.
- Rupture of a silicone-filled breast implant is most often silent and may not be detected by you or your doctor. You should have an MRI 3 years after your surgery and then every 2 years after that for as long as you have your breast implants to determine if rupture is present. If implant rupture is noted on an MRI, you should have the implant removed, with or without replacement.
- With breast implants, a routine screening mammography and self-examinations for breast cancer will be more difficult. Ask your doctor to help you distinguish the implant from your breast tissue. Symptoms of a ruptured implant may be hard knots or lumps surrounding the implant or in the armpit, change or loss of size or shape of the breast or implant, pain, tingling, swelling, numbness, burning, or hardening. Tell your doctor of these symptoms and remove ruptured implants.
- Inform any other doctor who treats you of the presence of your implants to minimize the risk of damage to the implants.
Why ask about going GUMMY?
Natrelle® is the only collection with 3 different gummy gels.
The gummier the implant, the more it holds its shape when held in your hand.
Think you may be a candidate? Contact The Plastic & Cosmetic Center of South Texas for more information. We look forward to discussing your needs and goals.