Dr. Thomas Jeneby is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon with over 20 years of experience and recognized as a distinguished authority on plastic surgery.
About Dr. Jeneby
Having been in practice since 2002, Dr Jeneby currently operates out of his amazing clinic in San Antonio. Dr Jeneby has handled thousands of cases and his Office-Based Surgery Center has been accredited by the prestigious Joint Commission for Office-Based Surgery Centers; he is the only Plastic Surgeon in San Antonio that has Joint Commission Accreditation.
Dr Jeneby has also performed over 1000 breast, tummy, nose, eyes, and face revisions over the course of 19 years. In recognition of being one of the most competent cosmetic surgeons in San Antonio, Dr Jeneby received the honor of being appointed Diplomat for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He re-certified early in 2011 with a written score of 91 and continuously maintains over 180 hours of Continuing Medical Education (CME) every three years. Dr Jeneby is committed to safety and has taken extra courses in safety during BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift ) and Tummy Tuck Procedures. He also uses only MD Anesthesiologist, ensuring that two doctors are with you at all times.
Dr. Jeneby was featured in the 1992 President’s Dean List. This was a major college achievement for him. He obtained his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia/ Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. He was featured in the top 10% of his class and was also the AOA President (Medical Honor Society President). On finishing his medical degree in the year 1996, Dr. Jeneby has done his residency at the following:
- University of Pennsylvania Combined General & Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery – Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Phila. Pa.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Degree: 2002.
- Extensive training in both adult and pediatric plastic surgery
- Adult : Top 10-15 hospital over six years in a row
- Children’s : 2001-2007 : Number 1
- American Board of Plastic Surgery –Recertification 2012 Score 91%
Best of 2007-2019
Cover Story Author Thomas T. Jeneby M.D.
SA Monthly Magazine
Doctor, Philanthropist, and San Antonio’s Newest Author
“In his new book, Dr. Jeneby delights the reader with hilarious real-life stories sporadically placed inside a compelling autobiography. With commentaries and internal dialogue, he provides comical relief woven in-between dramatic stories. Through the book, you meet the good-humored doctor while he approaches all topics plastic-surgery. This is a must-read for anyone considering plastic surgery.”
Official Gold Seal of The Joint Commission
The Plastic and Cosmetic Center of South Texas has earned for the ninth year in a row The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Office Based SurgiCenter – Plastic Surgery. The advanced certification is for Joint Commission-accredited hospitals, critical access hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers seeking to elevate the quality, consistency and safety of their services and patient care. The Plastic and Cosmetic Center and Dr Jeneby underwent a rigorous onsite review on 1/31/19 . Joint Commission experts evaluated compliance with advanced disease-specific care standards for Office Based Surgicenter requirements, including consultation, and pre-operative, intraoperative and post-surgical surgeon follow-up care.
The following are some of the highlights of Dr. Jeneby’s career as a surgeon:
- Performed several Cosmetic Surgeries on the face and body, Dr. Jeneby is a Specialist in makeover plastic surgery cases.
- Competence in adult plastic surgery and pediatric plastic surgery.
- Was selected as a ‘Top Plastic Surgeon’ 2007-2016 by the ‘Consumer’s Guide’ magazine.
- Was selected as ‘One of the Top Plastic Surgeons’ 2007-2016 by the ‘S.A. Magazine’.
- National Trainer Smartlipo Laser Lipo
- National Trainer -Dot Therapy Laser Resurfacing
- International Speaker -Adjustable Breast Implants
- 1st Plastic Surgeon to use Laser Lipo in San Antonio (2007)
- 1st Plastic Surgeon to use Dot Therapy Fractional Co2 in S.A. (2008)
- 2nd Plastic Surgeon in the U.S to get Custom Acoustic Lipo (Vibra-lipo) in the U.S. National Trainer
- National Speaker on Wound Care and National Lecturer on the V.A.C. wound care device, Health point and Johnson & Johnson.