Don’t let the extra free time ruin your hard work. Here are some tips to keep your body in Spring Break shape.
- Eat a solid, protein-rich breakfast – scrambled or hard boiled eggs with spinach is a good option. It will keep you fuller longer.
- Pick lower-calorie drink options – Diet mixers are always a better option than sugar-packed cocktails.
- At the buffet line, get your first plate and wait after you’re done eating. It takes about 30 minutes for your body to realize you are full. Eat a healthy plate, and wait a little while to see if you’re still hungry.
- Sleep well. Rest is important to regulating appetite. Tiredness can often be confused with hunger.
- Snack healthy. Nuts, low-carb fruits and vegetables will keep hunger away in between meals.
- Ask for double vegetables. Skip the starches and grains, and ask for double veggies instead.
- Work-out, fun style! Go dancing, swimming, running on the beach or whatever workout you can get in. You won’t even realize you’re exercising.