After every plastic surgery procedure comes a recovery period. It is important to care for yourself and ensure that you have someone to support and care for you following the procedure. While each different procedure will come with a specific set of instructions from the doc, there are some recovery tips that apply to a majority of plastic surgery procedures.
Here are some tips, originally shared by locateadoc.com, to make your recovery process as smooth as possible:
- Make sure to use cold compresses. You can buy gel packs or use frozen fruits. Icing the sore areas can help soothe the pain and may help with sounder sleep.
- Sterile gauze pads can help keep any scars from infection. They can be pressed on the wounds as often as needed. They are better to use than band aids, because they are less painful to remove.
- Sleep is a big part of the healing process. You may notice that you are taking naps and sleeping a lot to relieve the pain. Drinking tea and using natural sleeping aids can help you sleep throughout the night.
- Disposable washcloths are great for cleaning wounds. This will help soothe any pain areas and can be used to help wash off germs and oils.
- Remember to stay relaxed. Your body’s natural defense aids will be at a low after surgery, so relaxation aid such as soothing music, aromatherapy and herbal teas can help keep you serene.
- When it comes to your nutrition after surgery, make sure to eat softer foods such as rice and oatmeal. Overworking your digestive system post-surgery is not good for your recovery process.
Use these tips and your doctor’s orders to make the best of your recovery process. Then, enjoy the beautiful results of your surgery.