Now with the power of plastic and cosmetic surgery, we have found new and innovative ways to help anyone feel healthier, younger and, of course, more beautiful. Although this may sound great and easy, there should be a few things to consider before choosing to do any kind of procedure. Whether a registered nurse, esthetician, laser technician, board certified physician or any other medical professional is doing your procedure, it is best to ask well thought out questions to ensure a positive experience. Here are the top 10 questions you should ask your doctor before your procedure:
- What does the selected procedure entail, what type of tools will be used, and why will these tools be selected?
- How many patients have you treated with this treatment?
- How many years of experience do you have treating this condition?
- What sort of results can I expect from this treatment?
- How many treatment sessions are required to achieve the results I want, and how much does each session cost?
- How long is the downtime for this treatment?
- Are there any risks for my skin type and physical condition?
- What are the potential complications that can happen, and what will you do if they do indeed happen?
- Do you have any positive testimonials or before/after photos of patients you treated?
- Will the treatment be conducted by you or by someone else? What training does that person have?
These questions are great ways to gather more information about your doctor and the procedure before making your final decision. This makes your experience more pleasing and secure knowing you’ll be in good hands.